I think God’s divine word is important in our everyday lives because we cannot do everything on our own. We need to be equipped with God’s word to live out our faith and so we can continue to strive for holiness.
Here is a list of 10 of my favorite bible verses right now in no particular order. Truth be told, it was not until recently did I start to write down my favorite bible verses (better late than never!). I have more than just 10 favorites, but I decided to narrow it down to just 10 for now. I hope you get inspired and comforted by these words in your everyday life.
- 1 John 4:19 – “We love because he first loved us.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
- Philippians 4:6 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
- Proverbs 19:21 – “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”
- Romans 12:2 – “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, please and perfect will.”
- Galatians 1:10 – “Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
- Philippians 4:8 – “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.”
- Psalm 139:13-14 – “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; you works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
- Proverbs 9:10 – “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
There might be a part 2 to this in the future. Until then, meditating on these words have helped me lessen anxiety and fill my mind with truth.
With all my love,